Day 4 Inspired Remnants Curious Dreams Blog Tour

TODAY Christine Lehto’s Lilly Bug Studio blog is the host site for the tour.  What a creative genius she is!  You can absolutely tell she didn’t trade in her childlike wonder and curiosity when she “grew up”.  Whatever “growing up” means.  I certainly have no clue myself.   : )

I’m also so very lucky to have a quite charming piece in my book by Christine.   It’s so adorable I smile every time I think of it.

Of her recent work, I especially love the propeller on top of the very large sailboat.  Wouldn’t you just love to fly around in a magical sailboat?!?!?

Here she is putting it on!  To see more and to register for many more giveaways go there this instant!!!

TODAY’S FEATURED ART

Laurel Skye (in case you somehow missed her on your creative journeys online) is an absolutely amazing mosaic artist.    Taking one of her workshops is very high on my wish list (and trust me when I say there are a LOT of workshops on there).  Her studio is absolutely enchanting and dripping in gorgeous glass!!

Here is the entrance– now how grand is this?!?!?

The hallway in her store!

Her bathroom (gasp!)

And no big surprise by now that even the floor is a masterpiece.

OK you get the idea!  Laurel Skye is a glass goddess bar none.  Now as you might expect as a very experienced and mind-blowing mosaic artist she uses grout on all these big projects.

HOWEVER she also makes mosaics with . . . Ta Da!  Epoxy clay!!!  Now why would she do that you might wonder?  I think it is because there are some cases where epoxy just works better than traditional materials.  Especially when the creative mind wants to make some quite non-traditional pieces.  Like what about these fabulous mosaic winged SHOES!!!

This is the piece I wanted to showcase in my book which to both our respective dismays did not make it in.

My dears I so badly want a pair of these to fly around town when I’m not in Christine’s magical flying sailboat.

Laurel has a book out now and I defy you to try NOT to get it after seeing the immense talent this lady has.  Just click here to be whisked away to get your own copy!

Hope you are able to handle all this eye candy.  I’m even a bit overwhelmed seeing it all together on this tour.  See you soon!!!

About these ads

7 Comments

1. May 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Excellent! Love her bathroom, so cool! Surely she wouldn’t notice if I moved in, right? LOL and those shoes are THE coolest ever! Great artwork!

2. Christine said,

May 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Gorgeous mosaic work by Laurel! I would love a pair of those flying shoes too! Thanks for showing me working on my flying sailboat.

3. sharon said,

May 4, 2011 at 7:49 pm

I am drooling at everything here!

4. Terrielee said,

May 5, 2011 at 8:33 am

I *love* Laurel’s work! And Oh-la-laaaa… she gives workshops??? She’ll be on my wish list for sure!
    Christine’s sailboat has captured my interest! How big is it? Is there a picture of it in its final form? Where is it “going”??? Outside, indoors??? I want to see more!!!
    Both artists are incredible Kerin! Thank you for featuring them! :-)

• remnants said,

May 5, 2011 at 10:39 am

Hi Terrielee! If you scroll around on Christine’s blog you can see more images of the sailboat project and many others. Definitely worth the trip over there!!! Maybe some day we’ll both be in Laurel’s workshop together. Wouldn’t that be so fun! She just wrote to me yesterday and she is getting ready to fly to Italy and teach in Tuscany. Yay! And she does do “local” workshops in the US also. : )

5. Mary Ellen Biamonte said,

May 5, 2011 at 9:58 am

Wow! Truly one of a kind in all of her work. She must be very organized to get all of this done with amazing results…

6. May 5, 2011 at 10:29 am

It’a been a blast working on this tour with you. I’m honoured to be a part of the bookand the tour. I love using apoxie and my world has opened up wide while looking for artists who use it in their work. Really truly amazing!